Areas Of Practice
Wilson Good Elliott represents clients in both residential and commercial real estate matters.
Often, the largest financial investment in a person’s life is buying and selling property. Our residential real estate clients are individually guided through each step of a real estate transaction to ensure their interest are protected.
Wilson Good Elliott also represents developers, investors, lenders, borrowers and businesses in commercial, residential, and industrial real estate projects. Our services include:
- Drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements
- Property sales and acquisitions
- Subdivision development
- Mortgage financing
- Condominium development
- Commercial lease agreements
Wilson Good Elliott advises both emerging and established businesses in all area of corporate law, including ongoing business operations as well as future planning and strategies. Our lawyers assist with clarifying complex contracts, weighing the advantages of corporate restructurings, and negotiating share or asset sales and acquisitions. We have also acted for business owners in the establishment and organization of family trusts that protect assets for future generations.
Regardless of the size of your business, given the current regulatory climate and market conditions, your corporate needs are ever changing. A key feature of a successful business venture is a relationship with a lawyer who will understand your business needs and provide trusted advice for years to come. Let Wilson Good Elliott assist you with your business needs in the following areas:
- Incorporating new businesses
- Day-today corporate advice
- Corporate reorganization and restructuring
- Partnership agreements
- Contract drafting and negotiating
- Share and asset purchases
- Commercial leases
- Secured financing
- Shareholder agreements
- Non-competition agreements
- Business succession planning
- Corporate dissolutions
Wills and Estate Planning
Did you know that in some countries, a person does not have complete freedom to decided who will benefit from his or her estate? This is not the case in Canada where, subject to a few exceptions, a person may choose who will inherit pursuant to a Will; hence, developing an estate plan is imperative in order to ensure that a person’s testamentary freedom is preserved.
The lawyers can assist you in crafting a personalized estate plan that will ensure a balance between your testamentary objectives and compliance with the law. In large and small estates alike, we can help identify opportunities for the tax effective transfer of wealth.
In addition to a Will, a key component of a through estate plan is ensuring that arrangements are in place for the delegation of decisions making in the event that one is no longer capable. This is achieved by granting Power of Attorney to someone you trust. Our lawyers can guide you through the estate planning process in the following areas:
- Crafting an estate plan to suit your personal needs
- Drafting of Wills and Codicils
- Preparation of Powers of Attorney documents for the management of property and personal care
- Business succession planning, including estate freezes and trust structures
Acting as estate trustee may seem like a daunting task; however, our lawyers can guide you through the process while ensuring that you are protected from potential disputes. We serve as our client’s advisors in the following areas of estate administration:
- Proper filing of Applications for Certificate of Appointment with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (formerly known as “probate”)
- Preparing the Estate Information Return for filing with the Ontario Ministry of Finance
- Distribution of estate assets to beneficiaries
- Passing of accounts
- General estate administration advice